Meet The New Take A Hike Y3P Challengers
As the Take A Hike 2017 membership secretary I laid down a challenge to all new members to lead the Yorkshire 3 Peaks by themselves.
I am delighted to announce that at least 3 new members have accepted the challenge and will lead 3 practice walks and then the main event on:-
- Sat 10Jun17 Pen-Y-Ghent by Jack Dillon
- Sat 17Jun17 Whernside by Vicki Wilkinson
- Sat 24Jun17 Ingleborough by Katharine Foster
- Sat 8Jul17 The Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge with a fast, medium & slow team.
There are lots of other Y3P charity events but this one is Take A Hike’s. Please come on some of these walks to show your appreciation in the usual way – with cake!
The practice walks are fun & scenic in their own right, even if you don’t want to do the final challenge. Pick and choose which you like.
New walkers are welcomed. Especially aged 20’s – 40’s. No need to book, just turn up punctually and bring appropriate clothing, equipment, food and plenty of water.
If you would like to HELP then we are still looking for more volunteers to:-
- Lead other walks (even if you are new & wanting to learn)
- Back mark & buddy up with leaders (a good way to learn & forge team work)
- Act as support drivers with drinks and snacks
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an info pack if you are interested in helping. Walk Leading is a skill we can help you with and the Y3P is an excellent way to learn.
Many thanks and good luck to Jack, Vicki, Katharine and everyone who participates!
Today’s new members are tomorrow’s leaders are the future of our club.
Bringing new friendships, new ideas, new routes, energy and enthusiasm!
Warm regards, Ramps (Mike Ramplin)